The bathroom is typically the smallest room in your home, but renovating it is not a simple job. If you want a modern bathroom, you should think of different ways to add an elegant touch to it. It is true that bathrooms are difficult to design and maintain, especially if you do not have a lot of space. Because of this, the decoration and furnishings are important aspects that require your special consideration before remodelling. How can you create your dream bathroom? See the helpful tips listed below.
- Plan your layout. Decide on your bathroom layout. A one-wall layout is the most cost-efficient design but it is also the most limiting. It lines up the toilet, shower and sink along one wall. Other layouts you can try are the two-wall and three-wall layouts which provide more flexibility.
- Consider the sink. Think about the right height for your sink, so you can brush your teeth or wash your hands comfortably. A corner sink is a good option if your bathroom is small. Integral bathroom sinks and undermount bathroom sinks are easier to clean. The self-rimming bathroom sink is cheaper and easier to install, but its perimeter lip can easily collect dust.
- Create a lightning plan. Include layers of accent and decorative lightning depending on the size and layout of your bathroom to achieve a well-lit space. You can utilise pendant lights or chandeliers to add mood and style. You can also use incandescent bulbs if you want a light that produces natural complexion-flattering properties.
- Look for appropriate furniture and other fixtures. Take exact measurements of your desired furniture, freestanding baths, side tables and extra chairs. Make sure that anything you purchase will fit in your bathroom. If you have a shower, consider adding compelling patterns or details to the glass door or look for shower curtains with bohemian inspired designs.
- Express your style with wall art. The walls will influence the style of your bathroom. Take inspiration from all over the world such as ethnic colours and exotic figures and patterns. You can also put vintage cabinets and a mirror with an elaborate frame to make your bathroom look bigger.
Your bathroom is one of the most important rooms in your home because you use it every day to maintain not just your hygiene but also your health. By using the right materials and being clear about your design preferences, your bathroom can have a glamorous look and can also become the best room in your home without any hassle, regardless of its size.